Come on out and celebrate Independence Day!
There are several locations locally that will be having Independence Day Celebrations with fireworks. Be sure to check out the Dates, Times and Info below.
– Gates to South Park open at 6 p.m. and a free concert featuring Spare Change begins at 7. There will be fireworks, inflatables and food vendors. Bring a blanket or chair to watch the fireworks. Alcohol is prohibited. Info: bit.ly/2rTCVl
– Featuring performances by the NC Symphony and Bull City Syndicate, the celebrations kick off at 5 p.m. at Lake Benson Park (921 Buffaloe Road). The evening will end with fireworks. There will be concessions provided by local non-profit organizations, as well as crafts and inflatables for children. Alcohol and glass containers are prohibited. Info: bit.ly/2rTO7hJ
– The annual Olde Fashioned Fourth of July runs from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. with a Parade of Wheels at noon, which children 12 and under can take part in. Other activities will include inflatables, karaoke, face painting and sno cones. Pets are not allowed. Info: apexnc.org/532/Olde-Fashioned-Fourth-of-July
––Benson’s July 4th Celebration takes place at Benson Singing Grove (400 E. Main St.) from 5:30-9:30 p.m. They’ll have food, games, entertainment, and live music, raffle and fireworks. Info: 919-894-5117
– From 3 p.m. to 10 p.m., the town of Cary will be having its Fourth of July celebration in Koka Booth Amphitheatre. There will be watermelon eating contests, a ferris wheel, a scavenger hunt and music provided by the NC Symphony and the Cary Town Band. Fireworks will start after the NC Symphony’s 7:30 p.m. performance concludes. The event is free, save for some of the amusement rides and 4-seat pub tables. Pets, hula hoops and weapons are prohibited. Info: boothamphitheatre.com
– Catch food vendors, raffles, basketball competitions, cornhole and inflatables at Municipal Park (325 McCullers Drive) starting at 4 p.m. Fireworks will start after dark. Live music, inflatables and rides will continue running after the fireworks are over to provide an alternative to sitting in traffic. Info: bit.ly/2tbFC5n
- The fun will begin on Tuesday, July 4th, at the river (beside Howard's BBQ 100 Main St., Lillington, NC) from 2-6 p.m. We will have a DJ, food and drink, inflatable water slides, our second annual duck rodeo, and our annual duck derby. The fun will continue at Lillington Park (Lillington Ball Fields 405 S. 1st St., Lillington, NC) from 5-9 p.m. with a DJ, food and drink, and much more. Our annual fireworks display will begin at dusk. Info: http://tinyurl.com/yb8ophcu
– From 5 to 9:30 p.m. at Jefferson L. Sugg Farm at Bass Lake Park, there will be patriotic festivities including fireworks at 9:15, face painting, live music and inflatables. Friendly pets on leashes are welcome. Bringing your own fireworks, including sparklers, is prohibited. Info: hollyspringsnc.us/358/July-5th