Fuquay-Varina Middle School
Thursday, August 10, 2023
“The FVMS community will empower students to contribute to a dynamic society by meeting their unique needs through ever-evolving and meaningful learning, enhanced with technology, while providing a positive, nurturing environment.”
Main Office: 919-557-2727
School Hours: 8:15 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Office Hours: 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Kris Clark, Principal
Fuquay-Varina Middle School, formally known as Fuquay Springs High School or “The Old Red Building”, was constructed around 1918 on the corner of Ennis and N Academy Street. Fuquay-Varina Middle School has ample amounts of History behind it’s construction. One interesting artifact that still resides inside of the since re-constructed Middle School is the School Bell that was used back when the school first opened.
Although still uncertain, these are the most up-to-date dates found for the School up until the new High School was built on Bengal Blvd.
- Fuquay Springs High School 1918 (first graduating class 1922)
- Fuquay-Varina High School 1967 (first graduating class)
- Fuquay-Varina Junior High School 1975 (with move of high school grades 10-12 that year)
- Fuquay-Varina Middle School 1977
- Ninth grade left the campus for Bengal Blvd in 1977.