Tuesday, December 12, 2023
It truly is the most wonderful time of the year
. From family gatherings to joyful music to holiday lights, the season is filled with many reasons to smile! To make your hectic holiday season a little easier, we have found four local Fuquay-Varina
holiday light shows for you to visit this year! Some are free and some cost an entry fee, please plan accordingly!
- Holland Rd. Lights
409 Holland Rd, Fuquay-Varina, NC, 27526
- Mill Ridge Neighborhood
2232 Belvinwood Drive, Fuquay-Varina, NC
- Noor Lane Light Show
1129 Noor Lane, Fuquay Varina, NC 27526
- South Lakes Neighborhood
810 Lake Artesia Lane, Fuquay Varina, NC
- Carriage Heights Neighborhood
804 Ribbonleaf Ln, Fuquay-Varina, NC 27526
- Hilltop Point Estates
5425 Downtown Grove Ct, Fuquay-Varina, NC, 27526
- Naylor Family Farms - $16 entry fee
6106 US 401 N, Fuquay-Varina, NC, 27526
Holland Road Lights
is a unique experience. The owners have put together a helpful tips list (which I have included below) to ensure you do not miss out!
Located at the corner of Holland Road and Powell Drive in Fuquay Varina - come visit the light show!! Runs daily from dusk to 10:30.
409 Holland Rd, Fuquay Varina
A few notes for visitors:
1. We have music on a small speaker, as well as broadcasting on FM 90.9. Feel free to pull over and roll your windows down on Holland Rd or Powell Drive and get your car radio blasting!
2. A good driving approach since we have the show in our backyard as well this year is to enter Powell Drive from England Avenue and then make a right on Holland. Please view from outside the picket fence or the end of our driveway - there are wires everywhere inside the fence and it’s a trip hazard. You can view from your car or feel free to get out and dance!
3. We will be having a toy and food drive drive this year to benefit local kids in need of some Christmas cheer, it will be going to a local charity who will distribute to needy kids as well as the local food bank. If you feel led to give, we have a rubbermaid tote at the end of our driveway that you can leave something in. Please make sure the lid is sealed tight so everything stays dry.
4. We have had several people ask about donating to our light show itself. While we do this for the community at no charge, it does take over 40 hours of setup and prep and usually a few hundred dollars of new material every year. Should you wish to donate, our Venmo is @Brent-Deitrich and Cash app is $brengamgee - Its not expected but always appreciated!
We hope you enjoy our light show, and Merry Christmas!
Admission includes HAYRIDE, VISIT WITH SANTA, PETTING ZOO, SLIDES, & INFLATABLES! Shop inside their gift shop for local goodies - candy, jams, produce, and so much more!
Mark your calendars! Coffee with a cop is happening HERE at our office! Front Porch Realty welcomes the community to stop by for a meet and greet with our Fuquay-Varina Police Department!
DATE: September 6, 2023
TIME: 9am - 10:30am
WHERE: 604 N Main St, Fuquay-Varina, 27526
Coworkers, entrepreneurs, designers, telecommuters, mompreneurs, retirees, business owners, citizens, friends, and family are encouraged to come out and get the opportunity to meet and greet your local Fuquay-Varina Police Department Officers, Investigators, and others. There's no better opportunity to ask questions, voice concerns, make new connections, or just chat with the officers than participating in Coffee With a Cop.
Thursday, August 10, 2023
"The FVMS community will empower students to contribute to a dynamic society by meeting their unique needs through ever-evolving and meaningful learning, enhanced with technology, while providing a positive, nurturing environment."
Main Office: 919-557-2727
School Hours: 8:15 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Office Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Kris Clark, Principal
Fuquay-Varina Middle School, formally known as Fuquay Springs High School or "The Old Red Building", was constructed around 1918 on the corner of Ennis and N Academy Street. Fuquay-Varina Middle School has ample amounts of History behind it's construction. One interesting artifact that still resides inside of the since re-constructed Middle School is the School Bell that was used back when the school first opened.
Although still uncertain, these are the most up-to-date dates found for the School up until the new High School was built on Bengal Blvd.
- Fuquay Springs High School 1918 (first graduating class 1922)
- Fuquay-Varina High School 1967 (first graduating class)
- Fuquay-Varina Junior High School 1975 (with move of high school grades 10-12 that year)
- Fuquay-Varina Middle School 1977
- Ninth grade left the campus for Bengal Blvd in 1977.
Looking for a spot you can get your cat fix, coffee fix, and bubble tea fix all in one?
Check out Right Meow - Cat Café
NOW OPEN in Fuquay-Varina
A unique, cage-free environment for adorable adoptable cats. Adopting families will have the opportunity to meet & greet with available cats while watching their personalities flourish in the safe-space. Even if you are not in the market for adoption, by visiting right meow café you are helping the cats socialize until they find their furever home! Before your visit, PLEASE read over the FAQ as this is more of an experience for most!
Check out their latest menu HERE!
Click HERE to book your cat play date!
📍913 S. Main St, Fuquay-Varina, NC, 27526📍